Whether your business is large or small, there are a variety of ways to get involved! Here are some of the ways PENCIL Partners assist their schools:
- Provide classroom readers
- Provide reading or math tutors
- Provide support for arts or music
- Provide space for school meetings
- Donate school supplies
- Organize recognition events for students and/or faculty
- Assist with transportation for field trips
- Provide technical support for computers
- Provide internships
- Assist with landscaping or playground construction
for more partnership activities!
for a list of PENCIL Partners sorted by school.
If you coordinate the partnership on behalf of your business or organization, the Coordinators Manual
is a helpful guide to help answer any questions you may have about your PENCIL Partnership.
If your organization would like to be paired with an MNPS school during the 2015-2016 school year, complete this Partnership Application
and fax back to Nikki Baker at 615-254-6748.
Learn more about individual Nashville public schools visit the MNPS website
New and exciting opportunities are available to students with the creation of thematic Career Academies
. There is a tremendous need for business engagement in our high schools, as students choose a pathway and begin to explore careers and get hands-on training in specific career fields. Business expertise is need to help shape the academies and provide additional opportunities to students.
If your business would like to partner with a high school career academy, please fill out the Academy Partnership Form