The PENCIL staff is excited to serve you and your students at LP PENCIL Box. The store is stocked with new school supplies and gently used office supplies that are donated from businesses and individuals throughout the Nashville community. We are located at 1300 56th Avenue North on the first floor of Nashville College Prep. DRIVING DIRECTIONS
All Metro teachers are invited to shop twice per school year; once in the fall semester and another in the spring. Appointments are required
and can be made by clicking the Book Now button at the top of the page. You will receive a confirmation upon making an appointment.
Helpful hints for scheduling an appointment:
- If you cannot click on a day or time, that means there are no appointments available for that day. You will have to select another day and time.
- Please enter your school name as the business name.
- Your telephone number MUST include the area code.
- Please provide two contact phone numbers and ensure that your contact information is current.
SPRING SEMESTER HOURS:
Wednesdays and Thursdays from 3 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Saturdays from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
*If Metro Schools close due to inclement weather, LP PENCIL Box will be closed. You will be contacted by staff person to reschedule your appointment.
LP PENCIL BOX RULES:
JOIN THE CONVERSATION:
- Please bring your own shopping bags.
- Please do not bring guests. We have limited space and several teachers shopping at once. If you have children with you, we will ask that they are seated in the waiting area.
- Be on time. If you need to reschedule your appointment please do so on-line.
- Please be ready to check out when the store closes. We rely on volunteers to assist during shopping hours so please be respectful of their time.
- Upon checkout, each teacher will be given a homework assignment - to send a thank you note to a donor. Please help us in our efforts to recognize our generous donors!
Don't forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter
to share your "shopping" experiences! Share pictures of the items you picked up. We love pictures that demonstrate creative ways you have used recycled items in your classroom!
Thank you for all you do for students!
Why Shop at LP PENCIL Box?
It is estimated that teachers leave with $250 worth of supplies
each shopping trip. Available items will vary, as the store is stocked by donations. In the basic supply room, teachers can choose 40 items
. Supplies include backpacks, pencils, paper, crayons, markers, books, and more. There is an additional room where,
teachers can pick up 40 more items, which include gently used office supplies or odds and ends like carpet squares, fabric samples, binders, magazines, containers, and other hidden treasures. And...we may just have surprise goodies on-hand!